Sometimes it’s really important to take a moment to check in – to stop, analyse and register what you have been doing over the past 6 months to a year, or longer. Have you been fulfilling those goals and ticking off that list or did other things get in the way?
If it’s the latter, perhaps you need to prioritise or maybe the goals you set before are not relevant any more? In that case, it’s good to revisit and set yourself new goals or rejig them.
Are there things you had forgotten you wrote down and have already done? If so, great, be sure to tick it off your list. You might even want to add more on. The great thing is it’s your list and you get to put whatever you want on it – big or small, it really is up to you.
Where are you keeping your list? On a wall, in your diary, in a blog post? It’s probably worth sticking your list somewhere where it is clearly visible each day so that it taps into your subconscious mind and helps remind you of the things you want to achieve every day you wake. This is what living is about – doing what you’ve always wanted to! Embrace it 😉
If you haven’t written your bucket list yet then maybe you should – it really helps with getting things into perspective and giving you something to focus on. I love it!
I decided to revisit my own bucket list and make a few updates to the list and I must say I am very happy with my progress.
- Own a house
- Own a Bentley
- Make Talent Reel successful
- Be a great marketing professional – changing to be a great entrepreneur
- Earn enough money to enjoy the things I like
- Travel the world – in progress
- Go skiing ✔️ March 2017
- Go snowboarding ✔️ March 2017
- Climb Kilimanjaro
- Do volunteer work in a third world country
- Get married
- Have a baby
- Learn to play the piano
- Learn to speak Spanish
- learn to speak Arabic
- Take acting classes ✔️ – started January 2017
- Learn to mix
- Have tea at the Ritz
- Drink Crystal
- Go to the Mobo’s
- Go to see the Northern Lights
- Go to see Santa in Lapland
- Go on a husky sleigh
- Wear a grass skirt in Hawaii
- Publish a book or have a well-known blog
- Have a party in a mansion
- Have my teeth straightened ✔️ – started with full braces December 2016
- Do something really spontaneous
- Have a makeover
- Go wine tasting ✔️ – have been a few times now
- Learn to take a good photo
- Go to the Opera ✔️ – Sydney Opera House 2016
- Go to the Ballet
- Go on a private yacht and sail
- Learn to play somewhere over the rainbow on a ukulele
- Go white water rafting ✔️ – New Zealand 2016
- Spot a dolphin in the sea ✔️ – Several places in Australia 2016
- Stroke a meerkat ✔️ – did this years back
- Try Beluga caviar
- Go to Glastonbury
Whilst it’s great to set goals and tick things off – we also need to give credit to our achievements to-date which might not be on our list. This could be from your personal or professional life or both.
At school, we used to have records of achievements and it shouldn’t stop now. It’s a reminder of how far we have come and a little note to ourselves to look at all we have achieved and really be proud of ourselves!