I was on the plane heading to Christchurch and feeling semi tired but also excited to find out what New Zealand had in store for me.
I knew it would be pretty hard to top what I had experienced in Australia but one can only see.
After visiting every state and territory, I have seen and experienced many wonderful things and have crammed in a lot.
However, being on the go continuously over the past 9 1/2 weeks has left me feeling exhausted at times, nonetheless, I wouldn’t change anything for the world as I have had a real hoot along the way.
With my small amount of traveling experience (compared to some), I have learnt a few things I hope to apply to New Zealand in order to maximise my enjoyment and leave me feeling revitalised for when I return.
- Don’t try to cram too much in- you might do it all but you will be left exhausted
- Plan but not too much as things change
- Don’t be rigid in your itinery- as per above- things change
- Prepare to say no to things when you feel tired – you don’t have to do everything or go everywhere
- Take time out – go for a run, a walk, massage, find a quiet spot – something that enables you to be silent and enables you to reflect and relax
- Try to get as much sleep as possible – your body will thank you for it
- Try not to have big nights out when you have to be up early the next morning
- Drink more water
- Exercise more often
- Try to eat relatively healthily most of the time or take supplements – when on the go it’s easy to get run down quite quickly
Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and forget some of these simple things but I will aim to at least try.
Right now, I’m in a place called Kaikoura. The sun is shining and the views of the mountains surrounding the sea are just beautiful.
I’ve already seen fur seals and will be taking some time out to be at one with nature here. I have a date with some whales over the next couple of days to see them swimming in the open ocean and I can’t wait!
New Zealand – I already think it’s going to be hard to stick to my list above – but although you are the adventure and adrenaline island, I must make sure I don’t run out of steam!
But with views of the sea surrounded by mountains, luscious yellows and greens and a wide range of marine life – how could I?